COME & SEE!
The 2013 Lavender Harvest!
Grand Opening Field Day June 5
Open June 5 - August 18, 2013
Wednesday - Saturday from Noon to 5PM
Sunday from Noon to 4PM
Spring will come! Yes, it will. So, it's okay to to dream of that perfect day – or date – in the country! Pick a lavender bouquet, picnic, hike, meditate, paint, bring your camera! It's the ultimate "day in the countryside!"
A family affair run by husband and wife team Jody Byrne and Michael Slyker, DayBreak's Lavender Field is open to the public Wednesday - Saturday from Noon until 5. And on Sundays from Noon until 4. It is located at 2129 Frost Rd., Streetsboro, OH 44241 and admission to DayBreak Lavender Farm is FREE! And so are 7 more activities. At DayBreak visitors can …
- PICNIC next to DayBreak’s 2-acre pond! Or in the lavender field. Or find a secluded glen in the woodland area. FREE!
- PAINT & PHOTOGRAPH Artists love DayBreak. Do a Monet! Set up your oils, pastels or water colors and capture an Ohio laveder field. Early morning, sunrise or sunset photo sessions are happily arranged. FREE!
- RECONNECT with nature. The farm boasts every natural ecological system there is except a mountain and a desert. Experience and explore the friends, fauna and critters found in a …
- Lavender Field
- Sugarbush (Maple Sugar producing area)
- HIKE OUR TRAILS There are over 5 miles of easy trails to stroll or hike, depending on the day, the temperature and your mood! FREE!
- MEDITATE This sacred outdoor space is called The Woodland Meditation Room. It is a kind of non-denominational outdoor chapel designed to be a perfect spot to slow down, watch your breath and generally relax and recharge! FREE!
- LEARN & DISCOVER how to grow, groom and harvest your own lavender! At 2:00 pm every day Michael Slyker will lead an interactive workshop on Growing Lavender In NorthEast Ohio. FREE!
- EARN A JUNIOR NATURALIST CERTIFICATE! Fantastic for kids of all ages, DayBreak has designed a Junior Naturalist Program to encourage conservation among our youth. Kids identify and collect 10 common specimens from the farm’s diverse micro-environments and they receive a “suitable-for-framing” DayBreak Junior Naturalist Certificate. FREE!
- Fragrance & Cosmetics
BEST LAVENDER PICKING DATES …
June 15 – August 15
Farm Hours: Wednesday – Saturday from Noon 'til 5p.m.
Sunday from Noon – 4p.m.
DayBreak Lavender Farm is located at 2129 Frost Road, Streetsboro, OH
Click here for a map and directions to the farm.
MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE!!
Be comfortable. Have fun. Bring sun screen. Wear comfortable shoes with sox. This is no place for heels!! The Lavender Field, The Farm, The Meditation Room and Pond Area are all on one level with bumply paths and some small hills. It can be quite bumpy going down the gravel Lavender Lane but it is pretty flat.
We extend a special invitation to farmers to come and learn all about growing lavender as a high yield cash crop that isn’t subject to the fluctuations of commodities like soybeans and wheat. Australian farmers are making a big push on lavender. Why not Ohio??
SO ARE FRIENDLY PETS ON LEASHES
Jody and Michael are animal lovers, so if you’re fur or feathered friend is well-behaved, vaccinated and generally friendly, bring him/her along for the fun!
DAYBREAK LAVENDER FARM,
Jody Byrne & Michael Slyker, Proprietors & Co-Founders
2129 Frost Rd. Streetsboro, OH 44241
Streetsboro is 30 minutes equi-distant between Akron and Cleveland off of Ohio Turnpike 80 or the Frost Rd. Exit off of 480
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO PICK?We are often asked that question. And the answer is, the right time to pick depends on your use.
- For essential oil or sachet: Pick when flowerheads are 1/5 to 1/3 open.
- For cooking or aromatherapy: Pick when flowerheads are 1/3 to 1/4 open.
- For dry bouquets: Pick when flower heads are 1/3 to 1/2 open.
- For fresh bouquets: Pick when flower heads are 1/2 to totally open.
Hope that helps!!
Michael Slyker, Co-Founder
DayBreak Lavender Farm
P.S. We hang our lavender bouquets and bundles with rubberbands which are neat because as the bundle dries, they shrink to fit it's form.